Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Missing Things


The Lizard King sold his Jeep tonight. We still haven't had the conversation with Princess about LK going to Afghanistan and now I'm even more concerned.

Princess cried so hard about selling the Jeep. She wanted LK to tell the man that he could only have it for five days and then he had to bring it back. She is always emotional about things going away. She cried when we traded in my minivan. She doesn't want to give away her old clothes that don't fit.

At least her Daddy is coming back. We're not giving him away or selling him or trading him in. Maybe it won't be so bad. Still, I am so not looking forward to this conversation. I can't decide when to talk to her.

We're having a July 4th party as last get together with our close friends before LK leaves. I think we should tell her before then, but how soon? Is there ever a good time to tell her something like this?

9 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sorry no easy answer there, I say as soon as possible so she knows and can enjoy every minute with him. Good Luck hard call there.

Aliceson said...

No, there's never a good time for bad news. I think before the party would be best because I'm sure his leaving will be mentioned.

Oh Shady Lady, my heart is breaking for you and your family. I know you'll say the right things to Princess and comfort her when she needs it. You and LK are great parents and wouldn't be making such a big change if you didn't think it would be worth it. Hang in there. Hugs to you!

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say.

Hugs.

Zayna said...

Oh that's heartbreaking. I agree with Frau and say the sooner you have the talk with Princess the better. She'll have more time with Daddy to help her process it.

Still, I don't envy you at all.

Hugs

Sherry Gann said...

Oh, man. That is so tough!! I think she definitely should be told before the party and long enough before the party so she has some time to process and can maybe not be too upset during the actual party.

I think the sooner she knows the better. You wouldn't have wanted LK to tell you at the last minute--she'd probably feel the same way.

Shady Lady said...

Thank you for your thought, ladies. LK and I just talked and we're going to tell her today. We're going to the Enchanted Forest Theme Park tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. *sigh*

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good luck. Hugs.

Banteringblonde said...

There is never a good time but I know that you'll handle it well. I agree that sooner is better than later. Allow her to express fear, ask questions etc and settle with the idea before it actually has to happen. I just read that you are telling her today ... i'll be thinking of you!

Gina said...

I'm just now catching up on blogland and am amazed at all the changes you are going through right now. I am sending you the most positive energies I can and hope everything works out the way it needs to. Let me know if there is ever anything I, or my family, can do to help out. I don't know what I'd do if my husband was gone for a year. I have a teen who is being trained in yard maintenance if you ever need help in that area during this next year.