Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm Speechless...


By now, you all know that rarely happens. This is my third award in a week! I am stunned. I started this little blog in August of last year. I posted only 15 times that year, and nobody knew I existed. NOBODY. Why, you ask? You see, I'm really quite shy and was rather afraid to let anyone know that I even had a blog. Then one day I summoned all my nerve and sent an email to my dearest friends (it's true, I hadn't even told them), Freckle and HerbiFaery. Then I posted a link on Facebook. Then Freckle shared my existence on her blog. Here we are less than a year later and I'm accepting my third award in a week. I guess somebody knows I exist.

Thank you, Fiona at Bantering Blonde for acknowledging me! I do exist!

This award is for showing a great attitude or gratitude.

The rules of the award are as follows:
1) Put the logo on your blog or post.
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
3) Link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5) Share the love and link to the person from who you received your award.

I know I've passed awards to some of you before, but an award for attitude or gratitude certainly must be passed to you as well.

I am not completing rule #4 so I hope you're reading this post. Hey, I gotta break some rules.

9 comments:

Aliceson said...

Wow, your blog beginings sound a lot like mine. I didn't reveal myself to family and friends until I had been blogging for a while. I was nervous to put myself "out there" but now that I am I feel good about it. And if someone doesn't like what they are reading they can go elsewhere. It appears people do like what they are reading because we (you and I)have been the lucky recipients (thank you!)of such nice awards and kind words.

You deserve it sister, congrats!

Shady Lady said...

I still haven't told my family about my blog. I want to be able to talk freely and with all the judgement that flies, well, I'm just not ready to go there. My sister thinks I have no sense of humor. Hah!

rachel... said...

Well, I, for one, am so glad that you and your blog exist!!!

And thank you so much, Shady Lady, for the award!!! I'm so grateful!!! :D

Shady Lady said...

Why thank you, Rachel! I feel the same about you! :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on another award. I started my blog the same way. I only shared with my closest friends. Now I'm so excited other people read it as long as it is not my in laws.

Shady Lady said...

SMT, you were braver than I was. I had my blog for 6 months before I even told my closest friends. I knew that once I told Freckle the cat would be outta the bag. ;)

dongdong said...

that's funny. I was the same, didn't tell anyone for a while. Then decided to send to my closest friends but none of them blogged. Since then, I made blogger friends instead. :) Thanks for sharing your story.

Anonymous said...

Shady Lady, I enjoy your blog immensely and am glad you decided to blog. ;) Thank you for the Lemonade Award!

Shady Lady said...

dongdong, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

Sarah, thank you so much!! That means a lot to me.

Enjoy the award. :)