Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Mommy's Nose Failed

After watching each episode of Sid the Science Kid, we do the observation in the show and/or the activities presented on the Sid the Science Kid website.Today we watched the "What's That Smell" episode. For the observation, I placed familiar smells into jars. Princess smelled one jar at a time, blindfolded, and then she drew what she thought she smelled. She was right 3 out of 4 times. Pretty great observations!


Then Princess wanted me to do my own observations. I gave her four jars and let her loose in the kitchen. Then it was time for my observations. She put the first jar under my nose, but I couldn't smell anything. She put the second jar under my nose, again I smelled nothing. I smell nothing with the third jar as well. What is wrong with my nose? The fourth jar, finally, I smelled something! Toothpaste! But what was wrong with me? Why I couldn't smell the other jars?

After removing my blind fold, I understood.

Jar #1: play money
Jar #2: salt
Jar #3: water
Jar #4: toothpaste

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Sneaky little Princess! I love it!

A Christian Mom said...

Ha... to funny!

But I like the idea of following along with Sid the Science kid... but he comes on so early here, lol. I'll have to see if I can find him on at a later time in the day.

Sarah said...

Too funny!

I've never seen Sid the Science Kid before. Maybe it's worth checking out. Thanks for posting that link!

Ute said...

I'm still cracking up over this. So sweet! My kids had fun with the smelling too, and they both enjoyed working in their science journals. :)

kw said...

We record Sid every day. The kids really love the songs that the teacher sings. I really like the activities on the website, too. I like how you use it to introduce the lesson and then you do it. Fun!

Banteringblonde said...

funny! we LOVE sid the science kid!

Shady Lady said...

Lisa, she is a tricky one...

AmyG, we record the show so it's available when we're ready. :)

The big fun about Sid the Science Kid for Princess was the science journal. She loves drawing her observations of the explorations we do. It is fun stuff!!

I also wanted to say "hi" to all the new followers and commenters! It's great to see you all here. I really appreciate you stopping by my blog. =)

Aliceson said...

My kids love Sid too! Maybe next week during spring break we'll do some of the experiments.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's cute!

Sounds like much fun.