Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

He's Not Perfect

Everyday I wonder how I got so lucky. I have the most amazing husband. He works his ass off to support us (and Needy Evie) and so I can stay home and homeschool Princess. He does so much for us.

He is the handiest guy I know. He can do practically anything. He supports me in whatever I want to do or be. He treats me like a queen.

I read other blogs with complaints about husbands shortcomings and think, well my husband would never do that.

Then every once in a while he reminds me that he isn't perfect. It doesn't happen often and before yesterday I can't remember the last time it happened. But yesterday it did happen and man was I pissed!

It really wasn't anything big. I had texted him in the morning and in response he called me, but he was on Skyline which is a road with spotty cell phone reception. He said he'd call when he got there. Three hours went by. I called but got no answer...again and again.

Finally he called me with great attitude and a threat that he was going to throw his cell phone into the Willamette (River) because it was a pain in the ass. He told me he had work to do and that I was interrupting him. I told him goodbye and that I would talk to him when he got home.

I then reacted in the most mature way possible, vowing to never call him again. I began making a list of all the things throughout the day that I wanted to tell him. The plan was to hand it to him and walk out because one of the things on the list was doing an errand alone. Yes, I was the epitome of the mature adult woman.

Later in the afternoon I texted him again and asked if he wanted to talk. He called me and we talked. He apologized. We're back to normal and I'm thinking...he's pretty perfect.

3 comments:

Ute said...

Oh you... :)

Lisa said...

This is so sweet, even perfect hubbies have a right to be not so perfect once in a while! :)

Banteringblonde said...

Yes, even the perfect aren't always perfect!