Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Un-Birthday Princess

We were invited to a birthday party. I asked Princess if she wanted me to make a gluten free cake to bring with us. She's not much of a cake eater so I wasn't surprised when she said no. That was all fine and good until the cake came out. I messed up big time. I should have just made the cake...but I didn't and Princess cried and she cried.

I told her that we would make a cake when we got home. We baked it and frosted it and I was ready to cut it and eat it, but Princess had other plans. How can you make a cake and not decorate it?!



And of course if there's a candle it has to be lit. I sang a beautiful Happy Un-Birthday to Princess and she was ecstatic. You're probably wondering how she liked the cake. Uhm...yeah...she didn't. I'm still baking a cake for the next party we attend.

11 comments:

rachel... said...

What an awesome mom you are, Shady Lady! Princess is one lucky un-birthday girl!!!

Shady Lady said...

Wow! Really? Thanks, Rachel. I appreciate that. It's especially nice to hear when I'm having a rough day. (Not at all Princess related.)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy un Birthday! Any day ending in Y is a good day for cake!

Shady Lady said...

I like the way you thing, Frau!

sheila said...

What an incredibly sweet mom you are.!

And I'm thinking this is so cool...I might have an un-birthday for me tomorrow. :0)

How awesome! You're a great mom!

Shady Lady said...

You are too sweet, Sheila! After looking in those sad brown eyes I think anyone would have baked her anything she wanted. ;)

Sheri said...

You rock Mom.

And that cake looks too pretty to eat, I love the decorations. :)

Shady Lady said...

Sheri, Princess really does like the baking/cooking part much more than the eating part. She would have likely been fine with leaving it as is. ;)

Magic and Mayhem said...

Aw, how fun! We would have made a gluten free cake for Princess if she came to one of our birthdays this week. I make all natural, from scratch ones because one of our friends has a food sensitivity (and because I cook that way 95% of the time anyway!).

And I agree you're a fabulous mom!
~Alicia

Shady Lady said...

Alicia, Do you have any recipes you’d like to share? We would LOVE them!! The mix isn’t very good. Thanks for commenting!!

Colleen Paeff said...

Do you read the Gluten-Free Goddess's blog? I like it, but I haven't made any of the recipes. I like to look at them and salivate, though. :)
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/