Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spider Studies

Continuing our spider study, we decided to make a spider egg sac. We used beads for spider eggs. We put the "eggs" into a balloon and blew it up.

We wrapped the balloon with yarn as our spider silk.



We mixed a glue wash.


covered the sac with glue wash

and waited days for it to dry

When it was finally dry, Princess popped the balloon with a pin.

It worked!

If you look closely, you can see one of the "spider eggs" inside the "egg sac".

Pretty cool project, huh? I love homeschooling!

9 comments:

Zayna said...

Now that IS cool! Looks like crafting is something else we have in common.

Sherry Gann said...

very cool--bookmarking this one. :)

Shady Lady said...

Zayna, all my crafty ideas come directly from or are inspired by something on the internet.

This came from www.SpiderRoom.info - a very cool website I finally found about spiders. Check it out!

Yay, Sherry! I'm glad you liked it. :) You have inspired me so much.

5 orange potatoes said...

Ok, that is really cool! Have you seen those tunnel spiders in your lawn in the mornings? They make a web in the grass or shrubs and there is a little tunnel where they hide out, at night if you shine a flashlight on them their eyes glow red. It's really cool!

Lisa :)

Shady Lady said...

I have seen the webs on the lawn in the morning, but we haven't ventured out at night. I'm a little paranoid about mosquitos ever since my brother-in-law nearly died from West Nile virus. He still hasn't recovered completely. Still, that would be really cool to see! Maybe I'll work up the courage.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Very cool project.

Momma Bear said...

This is amazing!

Kelly L said...

funny - we just killed over 20 Black Widows in our front and backyard - if you want some real sacs come on over....lol
Very cute blog.
Love,
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Shady Lady said...

Thanks, SMT & Momma Bear!

Kelly, OMG!! That would totally freak me out! Eek!!!

Thanks for stopping and following by my blog! =)