Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Art Museum...finally!




Yes! We made it to the art museum and what a fun time it was. No cameras allowed, so we have very few photos. After the scavenger hunt, we played an eye spy game. I had to close my eyes while Princess described, in detail, a piece in the room. Then I opened my eyes and tried to find the piece. Princess loved this game and we went from room to room, playing it again and again.

We really had a fun time and I have to say that we are so lucky to be able to do field trips our own way. There was a school field trip going on while we were there. I kept looking over at those kids, watching their expressions and their body language and feeling sorry for them. We were having so much fun examining each piece, looking for the items on our list. These kids were ignoring listening to lectures about various works. I'm not positive, but I think that Princess may have gotten more out of our little field trip.

When we got hungry, we left the museum and crossed the street to the park where we sat on a bench and enjoyed the beautiful and warm Spring day while having a snack.


I've compiled another list of art work to find the next time we visit the Portland Art Museum.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Okay, my first thought was "It's Blue!"

Blue's Clues first came out when Emma was Princess' age and he was a HUGE hit at our house.

No cameras! Bummer. I love that game though and think it's just brilliant.

And yeah, isn't it sad to see school kids on trips like that?

Stand in line, hold on to your buddy, don't touch anything and sorry you're super interested in that but we have a schedule to keep so move along.

I love the look on Princess' face in that second snack pic...

"What?! Can't you see I'm eating here?"

Hehe.

Shady Lady said...

Yes Sheri, Blue had to come to the museum with us. I didn't realize that Blue has been around for so long. She has been a part of our life since Princess was 3.

Yeah...even though she's a ham, sometimes she has just had enough of me snapping photos of her. ;)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Your trip sounds great. I'm going to try the i spy thing when I take Caitlin.

Shady Lady said...

Very cool, SMT! I'd love to hear about it afterward. :)

sheila said...

What a wonderful adventure! And yes, I'd think that the kids in groups don't get as much out of these trips. Maybe they should take a page from your book and try to incorporate your learning method at least a little bit.