Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Mexico

I shot so many photographs and it is so very hard for me to choose which ones to post. I wanted to share a glimpse of all the things we did. The shots I didn't take were the best times, when we were just hanging out in the condo, being together.

The weather was perfect. Mid-seventies and low humidity. It was amazing!

We did get out and do some sightseeing.

The Aquarium at La Isla





We finally made it out to Chichen Itza. It's about a two hour drive and we went through downtown Cancun. This is outside of the tourist zone. This is only a little of what we saw. Driving down the highway, we saw people who had structures (I couldn't get photos of these) they lived in built a few yards from the highway. It was rather shocking to see. Here are a few shots of downtown Cancun.



Then there is Chichen Itza. It was amazing!!!


Old time tic-tac-toe?

This is the only structure where climbing is permitted. The steps are extremely narrow, but the perfect size for Princess' feet.



The beach! We couldn't go in the water because it hurts Princess' skin (eczema), but we had fun!!

We ate out one night. Bubba Gump...run Forrest, run!








Can you believe I even got some Shady Lady shots?!

10 comments:

Aliceson said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing your sunny vacation with us.

The beach pics of Princess are so sweet. Looks like she had a good time even without swimming in the ocean.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great pictures looks like you all had a great trip. I love the pictures of princess jumping so cool with braids in air. And pictures of you awesome! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Ute said...

I love the pictures! Hugs to you!

Sherry Gann said...

So glad you guys were able to share this experience! :)

5orangepotatoes said...

Love you in the shots! That little Princess is just the cutest little thing and I can tell she's a bit of a Daddy's girl! This post made me smile! What a wonderful family trip.

thanks for the pics!
lisa

Sheri said...

Hiya! Just catching up on your blog. Those are some awesome pics of Mexico.

So glad you had a good time.

Also to let you know, I started a new blog and have gone back to using my real name.

(blogger formerly known as Zayna)

;)

Colleen Paeff said...

Aw! I love the pictures of Princess and her daddy. It looks like you guys had such a wonderful time!

sheila said...

How awesome! I'm sooooo jealous of your visit to Chichen Itza!!!!!! It's one of the places I HAVE TO go! How long is it from Cancun to C. Itza? I have SO got to go there! Do you need a passport to go to Cancun? As you can see I don't get out much. I've enjoyed your pics though. I shall live vicariously through you! lol. Very nice, thanks so much for sharing!!

Shady Lady said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, Princess is quite the daddy's girl.

Sheila, Chichen Itza is about 2 hours from Cancun. It is well worth the drive. You do need a passport to go to Mexico. It wasn't always that way, but a lot has changed since 9/11.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great photos. Looks like a wonderful time.