Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Prose

When I was very young, the beauty of Spring inspired me to put pen to paper or voice to tape recorder. I forgot about this poem, but an old friend never has. In fact, he introduced this gem to him wife and they often reflect on the brilliance of it by quoting it at least once a year in the Springtime. We have found each other on Facebook. I love Facebook for finding old friends. This year, my friends' wife posted the poem on my Facebook wall. I will give you all the great pleasure of experiencing the beauty. The poem is of course entitled, Spring.

I love spring!



Spring is everything.


Flowers grow.


You use a hoe....


I love spring!


Those are very wise words we should all remember. Don't you think?

13 comments:

Aliceson said...

It would be great set to music too! :)

Sheri said...

Love it!

:D

Rooster X said...

Is there an original recording of this out there?

Shady Lady said...

Aliceson, we could totally rock out with those lyrics!

Sheri, I thought of you and your poetry when I posted it. It must be hard to stand in my shadow with your poetry. ;)

Rooster X, I think there is a recording out there. It is very hard to find and is very valuable.

sheila said...

They could make a Hallmark movie out of this. Blahhhaaaa haa! Any ANYTHING with the word HOE in it is just funny to me. ;o)

Shady Lady said...

Ooh! A Hallmark movie. That would be awesome. I bet it would win an Emmy. Hey, Sheila...hoe! Are you laughing? ;)

Banteringblonde said...

perfect!! I must run out and get a hoe....

Shady Lady said...

Yes, BB...run, don't walk and get that hoe. All the cool kids are doing it.

Ute said...

I'm still laughing, when I read this. It is so darn cute. Must go and grab that hoe now... after all, it's spring!! :)

Shady Lady said...

See! I said all the cool kids are doing it. Go get that hoe!

Lisa said...

LOL!!! Love the maturity of this blogger set of women, I laughed too when I read "hoe!" So silly!

Such a cute ditty!
lisa

sheila said...

decided to pop over for another reading of your awesome spring inspiration. It's SOOOOO gloomy here. Bleh. lol.

Shady Lady said...

It's gloomy here too, Sheila. Good thing we have this brillian poem to brighten our day! =)