Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Build

When we were in Mexico, the Lizard King came up with a brilliant idea. He asked Princess if she would draw him a picture each time we went to the new house. She thought that was a great idea, so we headed out to the store to find a sketch pad. Each time we venture out to the house, we set her chair up on the hill above the house. It is a perfect vantage point.
We are attempting to get out to see the progress three times a week. I am also taking lots of photos so that LK can keep up on things. He can also inspect the work...virtually. After our second visit, he informed me that the rebar (I have not idea if I even spelled that right) looked good. Whew! I was worried about that.







Look! We have walls! Well, a couple of walls...

EDIT!!!
We were last at the house on Wednesday. This evening, we went out to see the progress and were stunned to see this.




9 comments:

Aliceson said...

How exciting! Great photos too!

Shady Lady said...

We are so excited, Aliceson! But we were stunned when we got out to the house today. I added some updated photos. OMG!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg walls and stairs....how exciting! Princess needs to go there everyday to keep up. I think that is a wonderful idea to draw the house in progress. So cool to see. When is it scheduled to be done?

Shady Lady said...

I love the sketch book idea so much, too! :) The house will be done mid-June. Moving day is June 26th. Meanwhile we're packing, packing, packing!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's so cool. I love my house, but it would be so nice to have a new one. In a new house you KNOW that all the dirt is yours. I've got over 100 years of residual dirt at my place LOL.

5orangepotatoes said...

Wow! How wonderful to show up to so much progress every day. I am so excited for you. I love Princess on the hill sketching, great idea and that pic is so cute! She looks so serious, very into her art. :)

lisa

Shady Lady said...

Wow, Kelly! 100 years of dirt. That must take forever to clean. ;)

Lisa, isn't it amazing!! We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! We'll be heading over to check things out Monday, Wednesday and Friday of this week. We also have the electrical walkthrough on Friday! Yippee!! And yes, Princess is very serious about her art. Once of her most favorite things about the new house is that we will have hardwood floors throughout the downstairs. This means that she can paint anywhere. So cool!

sheila said...

Wow! Beautiful! It's movin right along! How awesome it will be to move into something brand spankin new!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Very exciting.