Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's Not Really a Political Discussion

I don’t usually do political discussion, especially in my blog, because I don’t feel that I am well versed in this area. I tend to be pretty positive and I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction. Take that as you will.

Eight years ago, in my humble opinion (lest anyone disagree) this country was in pretty darn good shape. Enter George W. Needless to say, again in my humble opinion, this country is in pretty darn lousy shape. It took 8 years to get here.

Those who thought President Obama was going to come in and work miracles and turn things around instantly is at least mildly delusional. I do believe that things will vastly improve during his first term. I believe he has the brains, the ability and the people around him to accomplish this…and then some.

The Republicans seem much more interested in having him fail so he won't win another term than giving him a chance to actually do some good for the country and its people. From LoA standpoint, heck from a people standpoint, we all need to join together and and focus on things getting better. The negative focus has no place here.

I like that he is setting salary caps for the big boys (or girls) at the beneficiaries of the bailout. What I question is the oversight of the extravagances beyond salaries. Extravagances like jets and "parties" to exotic place with $400 a night stays. All this after laying off thousands. I mean seriously, this takes brass ones!

There is so much more to say, but I honestly don't feel equipped to do so. If you want a real political discussion with someone who can speak very intelligently on the subject, please, go visit Skyewriter. Start with this post and continue with the rest. Read her posts informing us of exactly what is going on. Skyewriter is amazing and I bow down to her. She does something I am simply not equipped to do and I thank her.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

For those of you looking for a very important Hair of the Blog Part III update, it appears that you will have to wait until tomorrow. I need to get a hold of Freckle and her camera or see if my husband can change some settings and get my camera to do a better job (once he gets home from work). So...until tomorrow.

4 comments:

skyewriter said...

You, Mrs. Shady Lady, are way too kind!

Thanks for the support and the link.

I am getting traffic from all over the place; I even got linked to a business blog (me; a humanities person, ha!).

I agree with you; Americans need to get over this immediate gratification thing.

Our government is a large complex beast. It takes a while to digest things. We can only hope what comes out isn't... well, you know what I mean.

Happy Saturday!

Aliceson said...

I'm with you in that I don't know enough to be a good source of info on most political matters, but thank goodness for people like Skyewriter. She teaches me something new in almost every post!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Instant gratification you can get by knitting friggin' hats for everyone in your family and your friends and everyone else who doesn't want them. Right? Right!

Oh, uh... anyways... I agree with you of course, Shady Lady, and when I see some of the negativity that some people spread on their Facebook profiles my toenails curl up and my neck hair too... or something like that. Long live Obama!!! :)

Shady Lady said...

Skyewriter, you rock!

Aliceson, I'm with you. I am grateful to have Skyewriter as an amazing source of information.

Freckle, yes, we definitely need to look elsewhere for instant gratification. And staying positive is critical.