Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I read the "Life Without School" blog. A variety of unschooling moms post there. The other day this video was posted by Jena. I find it hugely entertaining, wildly inspirational and it's something that reminds me why our decision to homeschool/unschool is right for us.

Our daughter needs to move. We provide her with ample opportunity to do so. She takes ballet, swimming, art, and soccer. She has asked to take piano and voice lessons. She participates in classes at VH that, for the most part, are active. Kids need to move.

At any rate, I wanted to share this video from ted.com featuring creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson. The website describes it this way: Ken Robinson "challenges the way we're educating our children. He champions a radical rethink of our school systems, to cultivate creativity and acknowledge multiple types of intelligence."

To my knowledge he is not a homeschooler or a homeschool advocate. He is simply an academic, speaking to the establishment. I found him to be very entertaining. Enjoy!


No comments: