Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TeaTime at Starbucks

I believe it's common knowledge that here in the great Northwest coffee is a big deal. You can find a Starbucks on almost every corner, with a smattering of other coffee shops around town as well. I have always loved my coffee and moving to the Northwest I discovered the delectable latte and mocha.

Then after experiencing "issues" I sought out a constitutional homeopath. This means that I take homeopathic remedies on a daily basis. There are a variety of things that "antidote" remedies. In other words it make the remedy not work. The "issues" I have are hormonal, peri-menopausal and consist primarily of mood swings. Well, mood swings doesn't really explain it. It's more like volcanic rage. So, I take homeopathic remedies and I feel better.

As I was saying, there are certain things that antidote remedies, coffee being one of them. This is not a caffeine thing it's just coffee, any coffee. So, I became a tea drinker. I've been drinking tea (black and green) for about a year. Then I got adventurous and tried Vanilla Rooibos. I am now totally addicted to this stuff. It is so good. I start my day with a combo of black and green. Black because I like it and want the caffeine kick, green because my naturopath said so. Then I drink Vanilla Rooibos. I bought a half pound from Mountain Rose Herbs (split a pound with my friend J). It's getting low. I'll be ordering 2 pounds next time. :)

Okay, so this is a long way to come around to the point but...This evening as my husband was reading the paper something fell out. It was an insert from Starbucks, advertising TeaTime at Starbucks where they are offering a Berry Chai Tazo Tea Infusion (eh...I'll pass) and...drum roll please...Vanilla Rooibos Tazo Tea Latte!!! And there's a card for a free one to try! I am all over this. I think I'll be stopping at Starbucks on our way to Village Home tomorrow.

Edit: I got so excited about the new Starbucks TeaTime that I totally forgot I just blogged about my whole tea thing only days ago. Oh well!

No comments: