Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Great to Be Back

Classes started yesterday at Village Home. It feels so good to be back for me and my little one. I think back to when I would return to school always excited only to be disappointed at the reality of it all. It's not like that when you homeschool/unschool and it's not like that at Village Home.

Our first day was fabulous! I "teach" (I really don't like that word, but I'll talk about that some other time) two classes and facilitate an member activity for adults. The Tuesday class (Sing, Dance & Play for Little Ones) went really well and the kids had a lot of fun - and so did I. :) The adult activity, Discussing Nourishing Traditions, was so great! It's a simple round table discussion about traditional eating and sustainability. There were a bunch of new participants and we had a great discussion.

I am really looking forward to my class today - Sing, Dance & Play for 5-7 year olds. This is an offshoot of the last class. The kids (and parents) really like my format and encouraged me to have a class for the older kids. It looks pretty promising since my class is full!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how was it? All I could get out of my son was "Good". My daughter though said she enjoyed volunteering. I hope she was helpful to you. :)

Off to make dinner. I'm starving. And this time I'm not doing any oil pulling.

Shady Lady said...

Hi Freckle!
Today's class went really well. There was A LOT of energy in the room. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun. I know I did. And yes, your daughter was a big help! Please thank her for me. :)