Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where was I...

I am quite behind on blogging. I have just uploaded the rest of the photos to Picasa. Check them out! Again, there are just so many and I haven't had time to go through them. I know there are a lot, but I hope you enjoy them.

Day 3 we went to Magic Kingdom and got a bit of a late start. We heard that if you ask and there is space that you can ride in the front of the monorail. We asked a few times and finally on Magic Kingdom day we got to. Our little one loved it...I was a little freaked out. We didn't get to go on as many rides as we had hoped, but we had a lot of fun. We took the monorail over to 1900 Park Faire for dinner with Cinderella and her family (Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine aka spepmother, Anastasia the step-sister in pink and Drusilla the other step-sister). The food was fabulous and the family was very entertaining. After dinner we returned to the park for a few more rides, the SpectroMagic Parade and some amazing fireworks. It was our little one's first fireworks so I took way too many pictures of her watching them.

Day 4 (my birthday) we went to Animal Kingdom. The photos of the safari were all taken by our little one. My husband and I rode Everest, but the ride conquered me. I was not in good shape afterward. It took a good couple hours to recover. We saw some great shows here. Nemo the musical, It's Tough to be a Bug and Festival of the Lion King. All excellent shows.

Then there is day 5. This was the day we were supposed to fly home. Supposed do, but didn't. I woke at 4am not feeling well at all. Let me just say that it wasn't pretty at all. We think it was food poisoning (not from a Disney restaurant). I was in no shape to fly so we changed the flights to the next day and hoped I'd be well enough to fly. My sister had to go to work so my parents took her to the airport (they live in South Florida and had driven up for the Disney vacation). And then they left...and drove home. They didn't have any plans that they couldn't change, it was just that they had planned on returning that day so they did. We paid for the change fee for our flights, paid for the extra night hotel and for the taxi we had to take to the airport because they were not there to take us. Yes, my family certainly is unique.

Fortunately, when we bought our park tickets we got 2 days free. I sent my husband and little one to Magic Kingdom for the day. They had a blast together! Me, well once the worst of it was over I slept.

We're home now and I'm still recovering. You see, I have this equilibrium problem that acts up every once in a while. It started before we left for Disney. I finally went to the chiropractor yesterday, but I had waited so long that one adjustment just didn't do it. I go back again on Monday. I am seriously dizzy.

No comments: