I was tagged by a friend on Facebook and thought I'd share my 25 random facts with you all!
1. My all time favorite movie is “Titanic”. My husband bought me the movie poster and had it framed beautifully. It’s hanging in my living room and I always feel self conscious about it because it seems sort of high school. On the poster it says “Nothing could come between them”. My husband says that was us. His ex-wife tried to move heaven and earth to break us up. She almost succeeded. In the end it didn’t work. Perhaps it's not so high school after all.
2. My former favorite movie is “The Wizard of Oz”. I used to be able to recite practically the whole movie.
3. I’ve always wanted a dollhouse. This year we bought one for our daughter. Do you think she’ll let me decorate it for her?
4. I absolutely LOVE to play board games. We rarely get a chance to play. My husband hates Pictionary because of a past experience. I kick ass (or at least I did) at Pictionary. I’d like to change his view about it one day. Anyone up for a game?
5. In my early twenties I partook of a particular drug that gives one lots of energy – enough energy to stay up all night. Those of you from my past will probably know what it is (are you reading this Steve?). One of our favorite things to do after partaking was to stay up all night playing Pinochle. (Yes we did wild things, too. I won’t mention those at this time.) We played teams with trading cards. You would think after the incredible amount of time I spent playing that I would remember how, but I don’t. I would love to relearn and find another couple to play Pinochle with.
6. The decision to homeschool is one of the smartest decisions I have ever made.
7. It has taken me more than 40 years, but I think I have found the best friends anyone could ever have. My dearest Freckle and HerbiFaery. I just hope that I can be as amazing to them as they are to me. I love that my daughter’s dearest friends are my friends’ kids. I love that my husband gets along with their husbands and that he becoming friends with at least one of them.
8. I recently stopped watching TV. For the most part anyway. Up until January 8th I watched at least 2 hours a day. Since then I may watch 2 hours a week. I’m not sure how this happened.
9. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. (but then you all knew that, right?)
10. People are always surprised to find out that I am extremely shy. Why? Because once I know you I don't shut up or if I am in a comfortable place I appear very outgoing. Pick me up and put me in a place with a lot of people and watch me shut down.
11. I used to be anal, very type A personality. Since having a child that has changed. It was a slow progression, but I have relaxed a lot.
12. I smoked for 14 years - Marlboro Lights. Now I think it's totally gross.
13. I have always wanted to be a teacher and secretly wanted to be an actor. But the thing I really wanted more than anything was to be a mom.
14. I consider myself a pretty smart person, but feel intimidated by very smart people.
15. I don't have eyebrows. I totally over-plucked in high school and they never grew back. Somehow, nobody notices that I draw them on.
16. I absolutely LOVE fireworks!!!
17. I can't think of a food that I don't like. Within reason...I'm not eating bugs.
18. I love David Bowie, particularly his older stuff.
19. I wish I could sing like Pat Benatar or Ann Wilson.
20. I correct people's grammar in my head ALL THE TIME. (and my husband recently told me he's been infected with this as well ;)
21. Spelling is important to me, especially when it comes to names. And I really hope that I didn't spell anything wrong in this list. (okay so maybe I'm still a little anal.)
22. I was a "wild child" in high school and for a while after.
23. I don't accept gifts on Facebook.
24. I am totally addicted to Vanilla Rooibos tea. Thankfully it's caffeine free.
25. I love to cook and I hate to bake. Fortunately, I have a husband who loves to bake. Now he needs to learn to bake gluten free for me due to my recent affliction.
Pressed Leaf Star Garland
4 months ago