Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

No Shoes Required

It has been a long time since I worked out or did anything physical (other than being the mommy of a 5 year old). To be completely honest, I hate to work out. The thing I hate most about it is wearing shoes. Weird, I know. Then there is the fact that I have my daughter with me 24/7 and the fact that I just don't want to join a gym.

Yes, I certainly have created a lot of obstacles. Still, I'm getting older and I want to be healthy and fit. I eat a healthy Nourishing Traditions style diet. Which I have to say is the most delicious way of eating. Now if only I could get myself moving, right? The vertigo is finally waning and I think I have found the secret.

Wii Fit! Oh my gosh, this is so fun! I actually look forward to working out. And I don't have to wear shoes. I go for a run through this cool park and I'm barefoot. Loving that! I get to hula hoop and have even earned a super hula hoop game. I tried the step aerobics and confirmed what I already knew, I hate step aerobics, so that will be something I never do. But the rest of it, at least what I've tried so far, is FUN! I still can't believe I'm saying this.

Then just for giggles, and the fact that there are no shoes involved, I started the yoga class offered at Village Home on Thursdays while the Princess is in her Village Life class. It was an awesome yoga class and I look forward to next week. I have to say after two days of Wii Fit and a day of yoga, I'm feeling pretty sore and really great!

I also wanted to share that I tried Aliceson's favorite salad with a slight modification (blue cheese instead of feta because that's what I had on hand). I made a giant version to have for dinner and I have to agree that this is YUM! Thanks for sharing it Aliceson!

8 comments:

rachel... said...

Awesome!

I'd LOVE to join a gym, but I have neither the time nor the money. I am hoping to settle for Wii Fit as soon as I can afford that. From what you and Freckle have posted, it sounds right up my alley!

Glad the vertigo is getting better and great news about the salad! I've been wanting to try that one, too.

Aliceson said...

I can't do step aerobics either. A friend and I did step aerobics every week for a whole year. It was brutal!

I'm glad you liked the salad, and blue cheese sounds great!

skyewriter said...

Oh, the bane of my existence!

I abhor working out.

But I walk on the treadmill as often as I can (a few days a week), but that's getting boring. I have a pilates DVD I think I might try (again).

I've heard from tons of people how much they love the Wii Fit.

Maybe I can talk Tom into one as an investment for both of us with our tax return?

Unknown said...

My three year old showed me up on the step aerobics. I fall down a lot.

Anonymous said...

Now I just need to figure out how to keep my one year old off the balance board and stop yelling at me to pick her up and I could work out too. Or maybe I should make her do the work out. She might sleep better. ;-)

Colleen Paeff said...

OK, this is completely off the subject but I just went to you"about" page and saw that the Outlander series is one of your favorites. I just had to say I LOVE the Outlander series and still haven't read the most recent on because I just don't want to be done yet. I saw Diana Gabaldon speak once and she was a little arrogant (which was disappointing) but I still love the books. And I Luh-uh-uhve Jamie.
Also, my husband worked on Titanic and one of my best friends was in it (he's the guy that made the phone call to the captain saying there was an iceberg ahead)! :)

Shady Lady said...

Let me just say the Wii Fit is totally worth it so save your pennies, well quarters would be more effective. We were fortunate enough to get a big bonus at the end of the year and used part of that for the Wii and Wii Fit. Or as Skyewriter suggests, your tax return. It is so totally fun!

HerbiFaery, you know that in time (albeit a couple years) you will have your balance board back.

Colleen! Nice to see you here! The last book published at this moment is not the last book ever. So read on. I've had a hard time getting through it simply because it's so darn heavy. I am totally with you about Jamie. Hmmm...maybe I need to blog about Outlander.

And how cool that your husband worked on the Titanic movie! It's been a while since I last watched it...I think I'm due. I remember your friend, well, how could I not, right?

A Christian Mom said...

I thought I was the only one who hated having to put on shoes to exercise! lol I try to do it barefoot... or in my flip flops, not always successful!

You've given me another reason to where I can't wait to get a Wii!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;o)